The small amount of palm we use in our soaps is 100% certified Organic Palm Oil with the world’s highest sustainability rating with RSPO, Rainforest Alliance, Eco Cert, USDA, Fair Trade and other certifications.
Why do we include Palm Oil in our Soap Recipes?
1. To produce a better-quality bar: A small amount of palm in soap makes it a harder and longer lasting bar than if you don’t use it. Shea Butter is a reasonable alternative but is up to 6 times more expensive, even in bulk.
2. To be part of the solution by raising awareness and supporting the producers we want to see thriving in the oil industry
Why do we use Palm Oil from Daabon Organic Australia?
1. To avoid the destruction of forest and orangutang habitat
2. Because we know they are a family-owned company that is committed to improving the lives of everyone who interacts with it and its products.
3. Because they have a Vertical Supply Chain: Daabon produces certified sustainable, fair trade and certified organic palm oil. They own the entire supply chain for their palm products, which means they can guarantee that we are getting a top-quality, responsible product can be traced to its source. [Daabon Certifications https://daabon.com.au/certifications]
FROM THE SOIL TO THE MARKET Daabon Organic Group is the pioneer and leading grower of Organic ingredients in South America. Its headquarters and farms are located in Santa Marta, Colombia. It is a family owned business now in its third generation, recognized for its innovative practices in agriculture. Most of its executives are second and third family generation. Our company is synonymous with quality, social responsibility and organic agriculture. Our Group’s operational strategies as well as our commercial and employee relationships are all balanced and sustainable. We are directly involved in all stages of the process; from growing, pressing, refining, and marketing our raw materials as well as processed foods and oils. This vertical integration and short supply chain from the soil to the market enables us to offer incomparable service and quality products. Through Daabon Group owned companies, we directly market our products in the United States, Europe, Japan, Korea, Australia and New Zealand.